Monday, July 18, 2011

Taking a Stroll Down Memory Lane

Last Friday I took my mom and the kids for a little trip to Oswego. Roland travels there for business at least once a week, but I haven't been back in two years. We have such wonderfully fond memories of that city and had a wonderful college and graduate school experience there so we try and go back and enjoy the places we loved when we can.
Since we were planning the trip I got online and found a new letterbox that was actually hidden on campus. We found it easily and I let Seth stamp it and write his name in our notebook. It was placed right by the water on campus so it was super fun to find.



Seth took this picture and it turned out so good, I was thrilled!

In the last few years the college has built a brand new ice rink, college store and much more in the middle of campus. This was the first time I was able to go inside and see it. It is so beautiful!

After our walk around campus we drove down to Rudy's. It's our very favorite fish place right on the water. We ordered a bunch of yummies including lobster bites, then we skipped rocks by the lake.





I bought Seth a basketball from the campus bookstore and I swear it hasn't left his side since it was given to him.



We drove down past where Roland and I lived together in college and it looked the same. We had some fantastic Harborfest parties out on that front porch. It was a great first apartment and we will always remember is fondly.

We also drove by Paul's Big M which is where Roland and I worked while we were in college. Roland was a night manager and I worked in the deli (ugh) and then moved up to cashier. It was a fun place to work while we lived in Oswego.

It was such a wonderful day and it felt great to get to see some of the places that hold special memories for us.

3 comments:

Mom xoxo said...

It was a wonderful day and thankyou for inviting me and taking me down memory lane. Memories, you know how I feel about them. xoox Mom

Anonymous said...

I so badly want to make a trip to Oswego! First of all I need some new Oswego apparel but I too would like to take my children now that they are old enough to remember the stuff I show them! Sounds like you guys had such a wonderful day!
Love u guys-E

The North Country Sweets said...

I think it is sooo cool that you have that college expereience together and were able to share it with the kiddos! It looks beautiful, I've never been....