Monday, July 25, 2011

2 Five Year Olds + 91 Degree Heat

Last Thursday I promised Seth and Jake that I would take them to the fair. When the forecast predicted it to be 95 degrees I had a hard time breaking their hearts so I took them anyway. It was definitely hot, but we made the very most of the sweaty afternoon. We rode five rides, played two games, watched a tractor pull and had some cool down treats.
It was such a hot day and there were not many crazy people like myself out so there were a ton of interesting carnies to watch.

After two rides we needed a cool down so we had a lemonade break.

They laughed so hard on this mini coaster!

We almost had a meltdown on my son's part when Jake won this game first and Seth didn't, but low and behold Seth ended up winning on his last game.

Seth of course picked a car and Jake picked the furry and fluffiest prize he could.

Then they tested their strength!

We made the very most of the day and the boys were excellent!

3 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

What a good Mommy and Auntie you are!!! I was the worst and had NO desire to go in that heat! LOL Looks like a blast!

KristenC said...

THANK THANK THANK YOU!! Both from me and Jake! He had a fantastic day! I missed being there and at the lake too but I am soo lucky we have you to be a fill-in Mommy! We love you!

Laurie said...

I love seeing those pics of Jake and Seth together! They are creating memories now that will keep them buddies forever...wherever life takes them! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to my sister!!