Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Favorite Night of the Year

The third Tuesday of July is my favorite night of the entire summer and a very special summer tradition in my family. It is the Lewis County Fair Parade night. My whole family gathers for dinner at my grandparents followed by a two hour parade that kicks all other parades asses! It is full or tractors, fire trucks, tons of candy and some wacky floats. It is the BEST and I look forward to it yearly and get so sad when it is over. This year was particularly wonderful, but sad in the same sense. My grandparents are the center of the universe in our family and there is no denying the fact that they are getting older at 83 and 85 years old. This was the first year that they were not able to walk down to our seats with us, they drove. It made us realize that times are changing and put a small tear in my eye. I hope to view many more parades with them, but you truly never know so we enjoy what we can with them.

Over the last couple of years we have added some "like family" to our parade tradition and my close friends Kristen and Lisa have joined the gang.

My giant daughter towers over Ben and Charlotte and she is four months younger. HA!

I believe we had 19 people sitting with us this year. YAY!

The big kids got more candy then on Halloween.

Leah got some special Auntie Kris time since Lindsey stayed home.

Best parade give-a-way ever...FREEZE POPS!

It was super hot so these were such a treat!

Since Roland was out of town we talked Poppy into joining us this year and Leah was especially happy since Poppy is her favorite person! Another fair parade over and we start the countdown to next years!

2 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

Love that we are part of this tradition!!! Love, love love it! And of course, my husband will be asked back next year on the VIP list, hahahhaa

The North Country Sweets said...

Holy Moly, that picture of the three littles...Leah really DOES tower over them, hahahaha