Monday, July 25, 2011

Lake-a-pallooza

Saturday we were invited to Tim and Ashley's parents home on Lake Bonaparte. It had been planned for a couple of months and mother nature must have known that we were all super excited for this exciting day and she cooperated fully with us. You name is, we did it and I have the bruises and aches and pains to prove it. We had a BLAST! I can not say enough good things about our wonderful hosts, their home and all the memories that we made. It was just an amazing day.
When Roland and I first started dating he bought a jet ski and we used to go out on it all the time, but since then we haven't been on one in years. We had a blast and it was Seth's first time on one. He loved it!

Leah is much more timid then Seth ever was so she tooled around the patio and got in the lake a little.

Ashley and Jen about to take Sophia out tubing.

Then it was my turn. I haven't been out tubing in years, but I am always up for an adventure. It was a blast, but let me tell you, I could hardly lift my arms over my head on Sunday and I took a 3 hour nap recuperating from all of our adventures. It was worth every single minute though.

Leah and Daddy

Leah had major issues with the sand bottom and didn't like touching it too much so Roland stuck her in a floaty and she was happy as can be.

Round one on the boat. Tim took a bunch of us for a ride around the lake. It was so beautiful!

After jumping off the dock at least 100 times Seth needed a little break so I dragged him on the boat for a ride to rest.

This had to be the funniest part of the day...Rod and Zeke tubing! I love to watch grown men go flying in the water, but act like it doesn't hurt at all.

Roland attempted to take Leah on the jet ski. They went out a little ways, but she wasn't in love so they came right back.

After all of the water sports came to a close they pulled out the mini motor vehicles. They had this size motor cycle and then one even smaller. The kids thought it was fantastic and couldn't get enough of it.

Last, but not least they had this mini bike that the kids also loved and took turns riding on.

In closing...


10 kids + 12 adults + 2 jet skis + 1 boat+ 1 mini motorcycle + 1 lake + lots of food + tons of laughs = BEST DAY OF THE SUMMER!

Thank you Tim and Ashley for a fantastic day, we had a BLAST!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a fantastic time with fantastic friends!

Ashley said...

Oh, and if you're anything like me, I knew your arms would be dying from tubing the next day! hahaha.

KristenC said...

WHAT an amazing day all of you had! Jake and Lee can't stop talking about it! I will definitely be there next time!

The North Country Sweets said...

You couldn't have said it better!!!! Loved that day and it was a blast! Thanks again Ashley & Tim...loved the photo of my crayz hubby...mark my words...I will go tubing next time...seriously.