Thursday, April 16, 2009

Six short weeks ago I went to work just like every other week day in my life. My day was going as planned when the contractions started like they had every other day that week. I thought nothing of it because they usually stopped by lunchtime. The contractions were in full force and luckily I had my weekly appointment that afternoon with Dr. Dodard. I went in for my appointment and he told me that I was actually having many more contractions than I was really feeling and that I was 4cm dilated. He said that he would recommend that I head up to the hospital. Holy crap, this was the day I had been waiting for. The day I would meet my little girl. The day that my stomach would stop getting in the way of everything I did. It was an amazing day and Leah is an amazing little girl.

I can not complain about lack of sleep and of a fussy baby. She has her moments, but we have narrowed her fussiness down to being hungry or tired. She very rarely cries just to cry.

She goes along on each and every play date and sleeps like a champ through them. She has been everywhere. We are not house bound and we are not afraid of the dreaded GERM! I want to expose her to life and not just our four walls. She is thriving and so are we!

I feel like a brand new mom and I am grateful for every day I spend with her!

I was afraid of EVERYTHING when Seth was a baby, I never left the house, but not anymore!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already, the time has flown by! Happy 6 week birthday Leah bean!

Sarah Richards said...

Happy six week birthday Leah!