Thursday, May 15, 2008

Decided

I have decided as of this morning that Seth has to stay young. He needs to stay young enough to need and want to be with us and to be protected from the crazy world we live in. I have decided this because I found out this morning that a former student of mine who is only in the 6th grade... is pregnant. She graduated from my building just about this time last year and is about to have a baby. What is going on in the world that something like this is happening. It is one thing to hear about young girls getting pregnant, but quite another to actually know one of them who is only 12 years old. What gets me even more is that there are tons of wonderful couples out there who can't have children and who are on waiting lists to adopt, but a kid can have a kid. I am frustrated and sick to my stomach today. So that is what is on my mind for today and I'm ready to be done with work and spend the afternoon with my son while he is young.

1 comment:

Sarah Richards said...

omg!! That is horrible! I sure do agree with u there are people that truly are deserving parents that struggle and spend every bit of their life savings and when a child ends up pregnant it is really frustrating!!!