Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Liebster Award

I was nominated for The Liebster Award by my friend and Nina, who blogs at The Whole Self.  Nina is a friend from before kiddos when we were wild and crazy married couples (ha ha) and continues to be a long distance friend and someone I truly look up to.  I'm honored to accept the award, and to spread the love of blogging!   
Nina left me with 11 questions to answer and they are as follows::
1.  What is the best scary decision you ever made?
2.  What is something you are doing now in your life that you never thought you'd be doing?
3.  What is your absolute favorite dinner?
4.  What draws you to blogging?  How long have you been blogging for?
5.  What are three adjectives that describe you best?
6.  What symbol represents you?
7.  What thing grosses you out the most?
8.  What's your favorite way to unwind?
9.  What's your favorite restaurant?
10.  What's your biggest accomplishment?
11.  What is your spirit animal?

1. The best scary decision WE have ever made was to buy 12 acres of land and prepare to build our dream house. We have always wanted to do this, but we've been too scared to do it. Well, now we have and we are taking a giant leap of faith and changing our lives forever.

2. Something that we are currently doing in our lives that we NEVER thought we'd do is preparing to sell a home, design a new one and build. This will require tons of patience, but we are truly grateful for this opportunity.

3. My absolute favorite dinner is my best friend Kristen's homemade meatballs paired with her mom's homemade lasagna. Homemade ROCKS and Italian food warms the soul. I miss both of these ladies terribly at the moment and hope for some of their home cooking next summer.

4. A: I am drawn to blogging because I love to take pictures and document the life that I have been blessed with. I am so lucky for the family and friends that surround me and being able to look back years from now on all the incredible adventures we go on will be amazing. It's sort of like The Notebook, maybe someday I'll need this blog to look back on my life. People say we are always on the go and they are right, we have one life to live and we are living it to the best of our ability. No grass grows under our feet...YOLO. B: I have been blogging for 8.5 years now.

5.Three adjectives to describe me best are...adventurous, thoughtful and nervous. The first and third seem to cancel each other out, but I love to try new things, experience new places and live life so I am definitely adventurous. I am always trying to do special things for other people, it brings me great joy; making a treat, sending a care package, handing down clothing, etc. I am also very nervous. Change is exciting,  but I am very nervous at heart, but I am definitely working on that one.

6. A symbol to represent myself would be... is there a symbol for someone who is going going all the time? Someone who is in the car driving to and from work, to and from the kids school, to and from sports games and practices. If there is a symbol for that it would be me at this point in my life. No complaints whatsoever though, this is also coming from the mom who is truly bummed that there is one Saturday in November where Seth doesn't have a game. Saturdays are my favorite day, not only because there is no work, but watching Seth play soccer is the best part of my week. I'm getting off topic...I guess I don't know what my symbol would be.

7. Something that grosses me out the most would be kids who pick their nose (I wish Leah would stop ick) and snakes. Just typing the word "snakes" gives me goose bumps.

8. My favorite way to unwind would be to either sit on the deck or bow of the boat with a good book or to catch up on the DVR with all of my trashy reality shows.

9. My favorite restaurant is a tie between Ryan's Lookout in Henderson Harbor and The Melting Pot. I love love love the family style salad, seafood bisque and Chicken of the Harbor from Ryan's Lookout. I look forward to it all winter long while they are closed. I also love myself a big 'ol fondue dinner. It's super fun in the first place and all the yummy courses of veggies, meat and fruit is my absolute fave.

10. My biggest accomplishment is becoming a mom. It certainly wasn't easy at first and I struggled with the change when Seth was born, but now it is the BEST thing in the world. I get to be a kid again and I love every minute getting to watch the kids in their stages of life. Life is certainly busy with school and sports, but I am so proud of both of my kids and love them to pieces.

11. My spirit animal is... no clue. I love taking the kids to the zoo, but I don't have a favorite animal and I don't feel connected to animals in any certain way. They are beautiful and wonderful, but I don't feel as if one if a part of me spiritually.

**Thank you dear friend Nina for making me take a good long look as myself and THINK. This was fun.
 

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

SNAKES! (and perhaps it is your spirit animal too!? LOL)