Thursday, October 10, 2013

THANKFUL Thursday

I am feeling extra thankful today. It seems like every week is a whirlwind now that the kids are getting older. They are both involved in sports and music and all sorts of activities. I find myself trying to cram too much into any given evening, but I remind myself that I am doing it FOR them. I am truly lucky to be surrounded by friends and family who are willing to help me out. I am so grateful for Roland's new job. He is settling in well, learning the ropes and enjoying it so far. The challenge for me is that with one less parent home a few days/nights per week I am having to ask for lots of extra help. That is where the THANKFUL thoughts are coming from today. I just don't know how I would get through any given week without many MANY helpers. I have generous helpers taking to school, picking up from school, keeping the kids during days off, taking to music class and so much more. I am truly THANKFUL for these wonderful people.
 I am thankful for Mr. Pumpkin Heads that made the kids giggle last night.
 I am thankful for a handsome son who is doing wonderful in school and looked extra cute this morning for picture day.
 I am thankful for a sweet friend at work who wrote me a note this morning that made me tear up and a sweet little gift for no reason at all.
I am VERY thankful that despite the mandates that the state has put upon teachers this year that the kids are still as sweet as ever and keep trying their hardest despite what we now HAVE to throw at them.
Thank you to all the people in my life that despite the craziness of life, are still there. It doesn't have to be daily or weekly, but getting an unexpected text or a piece of snail mail means the world. Life seems to be moving in warp speed lately so it is the little things in life that mean the most. Thank you.

No comments: