Friday, October 25, 2013

See You SOON

 I'm having a very hard time writing this post and I still feel like I am in denial that this is even happening tomorrow. Basically, IT SUCKS. I hate the fact that one of our closest friends has to go away AGAIN. He has to be apart from this family for the 5th time in his life, the 5th. It is awful and my heart is breaking for him, for my best friend and for Jake and Linds. Lee is like a second dad to my kids. They love him to pieces and today is a tough day all around. I dread picking up Leah this afternoon, looking into Lee's eyes, hugging him and saying, "See you soon." It sucks. We had the most amazing summer together. We were as close as two families could possibly be. If you wanted to find the 8 of us, just head to the lake. That is where you would find us on any given warm, sunny day. We soaked up as much friend time as we could. It was probably our last full summer together before they move so we made the most of every opportunity.

 We did even hit the river for one day too.
 I think Leah will take this the hardest. She LOVES Mr. Lee. She lights right up at the thought of spending time with him.
Please God, keep Lee safe over the next 9 months and look after him. We will miss you like crazy and promise to take care of your family while you are away. xoxoxo

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh crap. I made it to 9:30 AM on Sunday without crying...so much for that. What a beautiful post. My sister and her family are so fortunate to have you as friends. And I know that your family and all their other friends are what will get them through these next 9 months. Thank you for being such great friends!