Friday, October 19, 2012

The Week in Review

 TGIF is all I have to say. What a BUSY week we had. Someone once told me that when our kids started to get involved in after school activities that life would get super hectic...THEY.WERE.RIGHT.
I wouldn't take any of these fun activities away from them, but can you say wine + tired at the end of each day?! Last weekend the cold weather finally hit so we took the kids bowling one evening and they loved every minute of it. Can you tell by the smiles on their faces?
 1st grade is in full swing and the homework has followed as well. Each night we practice spelling words, review sight words and read a book plus write about the book and illustrate. It's fantastic practice for the kids, but just as much work for the moms and dads.
 By mid week we are more than ready for the weekend so to help get us through we sometimes have morning dance parties. Have I mentioned that I love my kids more than life itself. They are a hoot!
 Leah's very first school pictures came home yesterday and they totally made our day. Is this not adorable? Stop growing up Leah you can stay this size forever, well... minus the whining.
Today is Pink Out Cancer at the WCSD so Seth wore his pink proudly and actually brought tears to my eyes. I'm a total sap.
The weekend ahead...family pictures after two long years of staring at our last one with a bald headed Leah, Uncle Dave's retirement celebration, church school and Lindsey's 3rd Pink Princess Birthday Party! Weekend here we come!!

2 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

What a great way to get through the week...we love dance parties...may I suggest investing in a disco ball, we love it!

KristenC said...

Sometimes the weeks go by so fast, it becomes a blur! Life can be so crazy but I guess it's what keeps us going and I am glad I have you for a friend to go through it! Bowling...I always forget about it, a great winter activity! How fun!