Monday, May 07, 2012

Mud Day

 Every year we get together as couples for a day in Lewis County on our wheelers. For the most part, the men take the kids on these rides, but once a year we try to make it an adult day. This year Matt and Mackenzie were able to borrow wheelers and Lisa and Zeke borrowed Rod and Jen's while Rod and Jen borrowed Rod's dad. The main idea of my rambling is that everyone was able to go and we all had such a great time. The weather was perfect, there was enough mud for my liking and everyone was in great moods.
 We started at Timberview and made it to 6 other stops. We didn't win any money in the end, but still enjoyed the day.
 When in Lewis County you must drink Genny Light. It is all that I remember of my childhood on both sides of my family. My grandpa's favorite is Genny Cream Ale. My grandpa would be proud to see Zeke drinking this beer.
 We had lunch at Tug Hill Hook & Ladder. It was there I found my new drink...Hard Arnold Palmer. I drink that iced tea like it is going out of style and now they make it with alcohol. I'm in heaven!
 Close to the end we were so dusty and muddy. I had to wash my hair twice.
 We stopped at the top of Whetstone Gulf to check out the view, it was amazing.
The famous tree that the kids had their pictures take at a few weeks ago and Matt had to deflower it.
Until next year...

2 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

LOL! I love your "deflower" comment!!! it was so much fun!

KristenC said...

Wait a minute....all of you friends went? HA! I guess we will stick to our Canadian friends! lol