Friday, April 20, 2012

A Flash from the Past

 I almost forgot to share these amazing, (well amazing to my family) pictures that I was able to take during spring break a few weeks ago. My grandfather owns some property in Lewis County and on that property sits this gem. We call it the Bailey Farm. It is this ancient house that I remember going to as a child and I hadn't been there in a few years. All I remember from my childhood is that we would come visit the Bailey Farm in the winter and go sledding. I remember that there used to be two deer heads hanging in the living room and there was no running water or bathroom. There is an out house in the back yard and an old fashioned pump for water. It is certainly part of history and I love getting to see stuff like that. It is definitely in worse shape than a few years ago, but it is just as I remembered it. I'm so happy that I was able to bring the kids to see it and take pictures because in a few months my grandfather will not own it any longer. He sold the house and the land. The kids eyes were huge as they looked around and when I showed them the out house they were not impressed.
 I love this sign. My grandfather had an Uncle Steve who was basically a hermit and a hoarder so this sign fits him just right.

 Look at these two young gems.

 We took a walk down by the Independence River and the kids had a blast in the icy cold water.
Right after this picture was taken in true Leah fashion she tells me that she has to go potty. As I'm holding her up off the ground to go potty in the woods, I tell her what a good job she did going potty in the woods and her response to me was...."Yeah just like a doggie!"
Just a little part of The Mihalyi Family's history.

No comments: