Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Seth's Acting Debut

A couple of weeks ago at church they mentioned that the sign ups for the Christmas pageant were in the back of the church. I felt that Seth was old enough to be in the pageant this year so I asked him if he would like to do it. In a word...NO! He is going through a shy phase so he said absolutely not. I begged and begged, but he wouldn't budge. So what would any normal mother do? Honor their childs wishes right? Nope, not me, I signed him up and didn't tell him until we were driving to the practice.
Thank goodness there were many familiar faces there so he warmed up quick UNTIL they told him that he could choose any animal costume. He really wanted to be a shepard, but in the end he was the cutest stinking donkey ever!

Christmas Eve approached and we all dressed in our most festive outfits.

We had to wake Leah up super early from her nap to get to church an hour early to get the closest seats in the house for our little man's acting debut.

We had quite the cheering section.

Our Christmas Donkey; a very important part of the nativity.

Ironically the little girl next to him is in his swim class.

As he walked down the aisle I locked eyes with a friend and I had instant crocodile tears in my eyes. It was a great memory, until next year...

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

Oh my goodness! I was just hinking how borng my church is...I want three little donkeys! LOL...in the movie Love Actually they have lobsters and Octopus, LOL
Seth, WAY TO GOOOO, you looked great! See??!!! Mommy DOES know best!