Wednesday, August 10, 2011


Happy 9th Anniversary to the most amazing husband in the world...truly! How did I get so lucky? I told Roland on the way home from our anniversary get-a-way that I "love my life" and that about sums it up. If I had to wish for a life I wouldn't change one thing. I am truly lucky to have a husband who is always up for my wacky adventures, likes to explore the world, isn't afraid to take risks and act like a kid, puts up with my anal-ness from time to time, is the most amazing and patient father, the hardest worker I know and so much more.

I am more than grateful for the recovery that you have made this year and the stress that it put on you. It has only made our lives stronger. We have created a pretty impressive life since 1996 when we were carefree kids and I don't doubt that the rest of our life together will be just as impressive. Since we can't be together today (stupid Pepsi) I thought I would make a list of the things that I love about you, things that drive me crazy and the one's make me smile about you.

~ Our Sunday nights watching IRT together as well as our newest tradition of Tuesday nights watching Flipping Out.

~ Your gained confidence on the boat this summer and how much we have used it this year. In a couple of years we will be able to get a newer boat, that is something to definitely look forward to.

~ The first thing you have to do nightly when you walk in the door from work...drives me crazy, but makes me smile when it comes out of your mouth as you walk in the door.

~ Our pancake Sunday tradition.

~ Our code words.

~ Your work ethic, you are the hardest worker I know and truly dedicated to your company. I hope our kids grow up just like you. Ever since I met you at Super Duper I have never met someone who worked harder at every job ever held than you.

~ I love how you always find ways to surprise me, whether it be large or small you are always thinking of ways to make me happy.

~ I have to admit that you do not have the neat gene that most of your family possesses. You are pretty untidy and you love to leave your clothes on the floor...drives.me.crazy! Still love you despite it.

~ Love your smile, sense of humor and love of laughter!

~ You are the biggest kid in our family and it is wonderful that you can play make believe with the kids for hours.

~ If I even mention that I'd like something done around the house or fixed you are half way to Lowe's before I can even finish my idea. Love it!

~ The fact that you ultimately will be flying to Florida with us next year even though you hate to fly and would much rather drive yourself. You are just good like that. Would you seriously want me to have my feet on the dashboard for well over two days on that LONG journey? I think not.

~ I love that you will eat anything put in front of you that I make and even if it is horrible you will choke it down and say it is delicious. You are truly a human disposal.

~ Patience, I don't have a ton of patience, but you have enough for both of us and I love that it helps maintain a balance for us, but can you give me some? I need more from time to time.

~ Big DREAMS! We both have big dreams for the future and I love it, we will get everything we want in time, I just know it. Look what life has given us already.

Thank you for my wonderful life and all the joy that you bring to it. I can't wait to see what is around the next corner, but I hope that life slows down a bit because it seems to move at warp speed. Happy 9th Anniversary! I love you more than you will ever know!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband! Congratulations to both of you on 9 years of wedded bliss...and many many more to come!

Mom xoxoxo said...

SO NICE!! You are both so very lucky! Happy Anniversary forever! oxoxoxxoxo Mom