Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Life is AMAZING!

Last night I was able to experience the most amazing event of my entire life. It is no secret that I have delivered two beautiful babies in the past three years, but delivering a baby yourself and getting to be a part of an actual birth are two very different experiences. I am so fortunate to have such a close friend as Kristen who let me be a part of my god daughters birth. Going through the ups and downs of labor and then the actual delivery were absolutely breathtaking and for me, a once and a lifetime experience. I am so proud of my friend. She was a rockstar! She never yelled or swore. She breathed through the pain and now we all have a brand new little girl in our lives. We welcomed Miss Lindsey Marie Castana last night. She weighed in at 7lbs. 11oz. 20 1/2 inches long AND she has 10x more hair than her BFF Leah. She is perfectly beautiful and she and mom are doing great! I was officially called the director of communications during the delivery. In between contractions I was texting everyone with updates and taking pictures through the entire evening. I won't share any racy pics, just ones that will make you say oooh and aaah! Lee was surrounded by women the entire evening from the midwife to the nurse to Kristen, Jen Voss, myself and finally Miss Lindsey!
Mommy and Lindsey
Daddy and Lindsey
A very proud family minus Jacob who was home sleeping!
The proud godmother
The newest picture taken this morning!
Welcome to our crazy lives Lindsey, we love you very much!

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

These are amazing pictures and Kristen looks gorgeous!!! You truly were the director of communications, thanks for all of your updates that night!