Sunday, August 23, 2009

Whirlwind Trip

Yesterday we headed out bright and early to visit Sheryl, who we haven't seen in almost 2 months. We aren't too keen on going too far away with Miss Leah at this time because she doesn't love the car, but we made the exception for Sheryl. We had a great day full of letterboxing, a picnic lunch, a boat ride on the Sacandaga and finally some amazing pizza! Thank you Sheryl, Jess and Eric for a wonderful day!
Sheryl printed out a bunch of letterboxing adventures in her area and we decided on 3 that we close by and we were successful with all 3!
It was a good thing that there were 4 adults figuring out the clues because they were a tad tricky!
We did come home with some battle scars though. Seth has a HUGE bug bite on his forehead and Leah has about 3 on the top of her head!
The weather was overcast which I was fine with, but we were able to take a short ride on the boat. Seth loved it, Leah fell asleep and I am completely sold on it so look for our family to be purchasing a boat by next season. I can't wait!
Leah was dead asleep and I was almost there!
If Seth didn't have swimmers ear he would have been in the water in a heartbeat.
Quality time with Aunt Sheryl!
Leah loved the swing at the boat club, she hung out in it for a long time.
Before we left Sheryl ordered two amazing pizzas; one was a white pizza with broccoli on top and the other was a pizza shell with an antipasto on top of it. It had to be the best thing we have ever tasted. So yummy!
It was a great day and well worth the car trip with a screaming baby! Today we are hanging out and getting odds and ends done around the house. I also had my sister cut my hair today and it is a BIG change and I love it! Thanks a ton Dayna!
FYI...Seth just woke up and told me I look like a different person!

No comments: