Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm FULL

I don't think I have ever eaten as much as I ate last night at my Gramp's birthday dinner. First off I was starving so of course my eyes were much larger than my stomach, BUT I ate everything I ordered and had a super belly ache on the way home. It was ohhhh so worth it though. I ordered fried mushrooms for an appetizer, tableside made caesar salad, sirloin tips with onions and mushrooms and a baked potato and then my gram ordered a cake for dessert. YIKES, I'm still full!


It was a great night to get all of us kids together and I loved hearing all about their adventures. My cousin Emily has just graduated from The University of Miami and she is in limbo right now looking for and interviewing for jobs. I wish her all the luck in the world and I can completely understand how frustrating the whole process was and is. I had 10 interviews the summer after I graduated from OSU! Keep the faith girl!

My cousin Molly just finished her first year at Boston College and she loved it. She told us how she and a group of her friends watched most of the Boston Marathon and even saw Lance Armstrong. Very cool!


My cousin Chris, who goes to Fordham just got home from spending 3 weeks in South Africa working in orphanages with children who have HIV or AIDS. He spent 18 hours on a plane to get there and his adventures and experiences sound amazing. He said that while he was there he tried many different foods, but the one that sounded very interesting to me was that they ate ostrich eggs. He said one egg would feed 20 people with the equivalent about 3 of our eggs for each person.

Last, but not least my little brother who is not so little anymore got to share some of his experiences from his trip to Italy. He came home with over 1200 pics and I was only able to get through 300 in one sitting. It is incredible how different the world is outside of our NY bubble. I can't wait to look at the rest!

All in all it was a great night! I was able to spent time with my cousins and my grandparents whom I love dearly!

We love you Gramp!

No comments: