Friday, June 29, 2007

Quirks


Being off from work this past week has made me realize that everyone has at least one quirk. So I thought that some of my families quirks would make for a funny/interesting post.


First Quirk:

Seth and I went to visit my grandparents on Wednesday afternoon and had a blast. We stripped Seth down to his diaper and let him run around in the backyard with a bucket of water and some toys. He couldn't have been happier. My grandmother's biggest quirk is that no matter what temperature it is outside (It was 95 that day) she only opens certain windows in the house. Basically just the bedroom windows. So mind you, the diningroom, kitchen, and both livingrooms windows were NOT open. Her quirk is that her curtains and sheers would blow and get messed up. OH, MY GOODNESS how can you live like that?? So I was totally making fun of her because she wants to get replacement windows on the very windows that she does not open. I told her she might have a mild heart attack if she had to take down those curtains.


Second Quirk:

My mom and I took Seth to Sackets yesterday and walked and then went to Crissy Beanz for a treat. On the way home we stopped at Walgreens to get something I needed. I had to run in quick and get it while she sat in the truck with Seth. Now, my moms quirk is that she thinks she is saving gas if she turns off the truck everytime we stop somewhere quick, when in turn it uses more gas to turn it back on. She can't stand it and has to turn the truck off. So be it!


Third Quirk:

Our son is such a creature of habit and he is only 17 months old. Someone taught him to let out a big sigh when he sits down in a chair. So everytime he sits back in a chair he lets out a huge sigh of relief. It is too funny!


Anyhow, so there are a few quirks from my first week of vacation. It has been a busy and fun week. With play dates and walks and fun in the sun! Today we meet my friend Erin and her son Storm for a walk in Clayton and a library book sale. We are looking forward to it!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

cute post. have a great weekend.

jenica said...

i love quirkiness. everytime someone close to me does something like this that drives me crazy i have to repeat a mantra, "it's endearing, it's endearing, it's endearing..."