Monday, March 14, 2016

Happy Birthday to ME...a Little Late

I asked Roland for a weekend away with my brother for my birthday this year and my wished was granted. As the time approached I grew nervous about driving myself 5.5 hours alone so we looked into flights and found that they have an easy flight out of Ogdensburg for pretty darn cheap so I jumped on it.
 It was a 9 passenger plane so for the first flight I sat with the pilot. It was interesting enough,  but since I'm so short and the dashboard on the plane was so high, I could see very little. On the flight home I sat in the back seat and that was perfect.

 We did a ton of walking, talking, eating and drinking. It was such a blast.
 On Friday night they took me to a tapas restaurant for my belated birthday dinner and it was so fun trying six different Spanish dishes.
 The bakery around the corner from their apartment is my ultimate favorite stop in Boston so we went all three days.

 Of course we stopped at Quincy Market for lunch on Saturday and I splurged for a Chowda bowl.


While walking in the North End we stopped at an Italian coffee shop and I got my favorite fruit tart. 
 For dinner Saturday night we went to an Indian restaurant and shared two meals. It was so delish.

 After dinner we met up with some of Justin and Joan's friends and my cousin Molly and her boyfriend Jordan who live and work in the city also.
Huge thanks to Justin and Joan for being wonderful tour guides and hosts. I had such an amazing weekend.

No comments: