Monday, February 09, 2015

The BEST Weekend

 We started off my birthday weekend with an awards assembly at Leah's school. Leah was given the Character Ed award for "Responsibility". We are super proud of the student and little person she is becoming.
 Both kids had amazing report cards. Leah had all "outstanding" and Seth had all upper 90s. He has grown the most and become such a good student this year. We are beyond proud.
 Friday night some of my soccer mom friends took me out for a girls night for my birthday. It was so nice to chit chat without the kids hanging all over us.
 After Seth's game on Saturday he headed to Dry Hill and met up with his friend Weston and his friend Storm (pictured). They skied all afternoon.
 Leah was invited out with a friend for crafts at Michael's and then a treat at Panera. She had so much fun.

 Saturday night my friend Lisa had us over for a five course birthday meal and it was completely amazing. I had seconds and if my stomach had been larger I would have had thirds. It was that good.
 Then we headed outside, beer in hand for a snow fire. It was SO fun. The kids played and we lounged by the fire.

 In other news...Leah has her first wiggly tooth and she is over the moon excited about it.
Sunday on my actual birthday we went to Skewed for brunch and my dads for my favorite birthday meal. Needless to say, I ate a ton this weekend and may live on lettuce and water this week. HA. Such a great weekend. Thank you to everyone who called, texted, sent cards from overseas, sent packages, cooked for me, fb messaged me, etc. I feel so blessed to have amazing people in my life.

No comments: