Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Veteran's Day

 I helped out Kris on Veteran's Day by watching the kiddos so she could work. We headed to Lowville to spend the day with my favorite veteran and my Gram. Thank goodness the weather cooperated in the morning so that the kids were able to get outside and run off some energy. The boys had a great time running around on the turf football field.
 They girls played on the playground for the most part.

 When we got back to my Gram's the girls searched for Waldo. It is Leah's favorite thing to do at Gram's.
 The boys took full advantage  of the big yard and built a fort in the big tree out back. They had so much fun that I had to beg them to come in for lunch and I had to yell at them to come in when it started raining pretty hard. They would have stayed in that tree all day.
I was so happy to spend the day with my favorite veteran. I am thrilled that his surgery went so well last Friday and that I was able to give him some love yesterday.

2 comments:

KristenC said...

Thank you for spending the day with my kiddos and thank you to Grandpa for his service! My kids had a great time! You are so lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa and we are blessed to know them!

The North Country Sweets said...

I love that picture of you and your Grandpa! Thank-you for your service!!!