Thursday, March 15, 2012

Random Obsessions,Tidbits, Grateful Thoughts & Positivity

After attending a very disturbing BOE meeting earlier last week I got thinking to myself about all of the wonderful aspects of my life. I have lots of time to think on my drives to and from work so I got thinking about all the positives in my life and how even when life isn't perfect, it could always be so much worse and to never forget that someone else's shoes could be so much different and to focus on the positive. Here is my latest list of random obsessions, positive and grateful thoughts:
* Completely love the app "Shazam". It has helped to feed my love of music even further because I heard two different songs on commercials, but didn't know who sang them. All I had to do was grab my phone, turn on the app and now I have two new favorite songs that I rock out to on a daily basis. Love love love the songs Country Girls by Luke Brian and We are Young by Janelle Monae. Thank you "Shazam" for being an awesome app.
* I'm crazy about quiche and I'd have to say I make it once every 3 weeks. It is so amazing. Last night I ate 1/4 of the pie and could have eaten more.
* I love how Leah says "Elizabeth". I'm going to have to video her. It is truly priceless.
* Roland now not only sells Pepsi products, but also Frito Lay now. I am so excited for some samples that may arrive soon. 
* I dislike inconsiderate neighbors who dig huge ditches next to our house and then leave it for a year. We want to try and find a new house oh so badly. We are more than ready to find that "perfect" house with a big yard, open floor plan, full basement and master bathroom. Say a little prayer, we are being very patient and hoping that fate will step in.
* I am secretly addicted to a new trashy show on ABC called GCB. It is so funny and silly that I just love it. 
* I can't wait to take the kids on our mini vacation in 2.5 weeks. It will be so great to get away for a few days.
* Completely and utterly love the following songs. I have them on repeat on my phone daily. If you see me singing my lungs out on Rt. 12 these might be the songs...Go your Own Way, Still the One, Someone Like You, the entire Miss Saigon soundtrack, Thriller, When We Stand Together and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
* This spring weather rocks!
* The kids wearing their new summer sandals...IN MARCH.
* The fact that my Gram calls me each and every morning on the way to work. Love it.
* Seth can not seem to catch Paddy Leprechaun and he has turned his room into one giant trap. Tee hee.
* I'm going to try and find green marshmallow Peeps tonight so that my kids at school can make St. Patty's Day S'mores. Wish me luck.
* Bike rides after a long day of work with the kids ROCK.
* I ordered Seth a tie. You would think I'm giving him a million dollars. He keeps asking when it will arrive. Pics to come when it does.
* Two months until our new boat heads to the lake. I can't wait for pizza nights on the boat. 
I'm sure there are a ton more random thoughts in my head, but for now I need to get to work and put lots of thoughts into my students heads.

2 comments:

KristenC said...

Love her sunglasses! Rockin the 60's look! We will have to plan a bike ride this summer together a few times! A new house...very exciting!

Susan said...

We all r sooo Blessed & thankful for everyday :)
Enjoy all your posts Jen..Love u! xoxo