Monday, November 09, 2009

Surprise!

The weekend was FULL of parties. Surprise parties, baptism parties and home parties. We basically partied our way through the weekend and Roland tiled in between!
Saturday night Rod surprised Jen with a surprise dinner with all of her closest friends. It was so much fun to get together, talk and eat. We followed it up with a few drinks at the Paddock Club. My Mom, Tom and Justin were supposed to come over and watch the kids, but my Mom got really sick so Tom and Justin watched the kids on their own. Both walked in the door with a look of shear panic on their faces and they both asked if Leah was due to poop in the evening because they were scared to death to have to change a dirty diaper. I checked my phone continuously during dinner and only got one text from Justin at about 7:30pm that read, "What channel is Noggin for the love of god!" I was dying laughing! In the end they did a fantastic job with the kids and we really appreciated the evening out!
We felt really old as we left the bar at about 9:45pm because we all needed to relieve our sitters!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for being part of my special day, but unthank you for putting that horrible first picture of me, I look like a whale from the side. Ewww.