Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Snowtown USA

 It's been a crazy few days and I can officially say I've had enough and it's only January. Sorry to be a "Negative Nelly", but here is my reasoning...since Roland is gone so often now I am left on my own to manage snow removal, child care placement on snow days and all the daily shuffling around with the kids. It's exhausting on a clear, blue skied day, but add many feet of snow and you have one stressed out mom. It is true when they say it takes a village to raise a family. I couldn't do it without the help of many many wonderful people in my life. When Roland returned after storm #1 last week I was so very relieved.
 The down pour of snow didn't stop us one bit from hitting the slopes on Friday night and Saturday. The kids loved it and what a workout. Saturday night we were so exhausted we all passed out.
 We have been snuggling with Rocky an extra extra lot lately. His back legs don't work much at all so when he tries to move around he uses his front legs to compensate. He still tries to follow me around from room to room, but I end of picking him up and moving him with me. The time will be coming soon and we are preparing for it the best that we can. Right now he is still eating and grooming himself so he is holding on.

Sunday the kids had play dates and it was great. Leah went to Caitlin's for the afternoon and Devin came to out house. Then Leah crashed her brothers fun when she returned.
This week I am a single mom for most of the week and staying busy as always. I am longing for summer evenings, flip flops and our boat. The countdown is on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are missing all that snow! It is green here! :( We have to travel to see the white stuff but I sort of don't miss shoveling! Love you guys...poor Rocky, we love him too!
Kristen