Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thankful, Grateful and Blessed

 I'm not very thrilled about turning the corner towards 40,but at least I have five more years to enjoy my thirties. I can not expressed enough gratitude to my amazing family and wonderful friends for making this a truly memorable birthday. Look up the word spoiled in the dictionary and my face is next to the definition. I was and am truly spoiled by all of the special people in my life. It all started with dinner out with my favorite girls on Thursday night. We went for Korean food, ate ourselves silly and then they surprised me with a gift certificate for a pedicure and cupcakes. It was a really fun evening with some very important women in my life. Friday started out bright and early with a magical birthday snow day from work. I was able to lay in bed and on the couch until my wonderful family sang to me and gave me some special gifties. The day consisted of many phone calls, texts, facebook messages, flowers, cookies, homemade cards and so much more. It was such a chill out kind of day and it was perfect.
 In the evening we Skyped with Uncle J and Seth showed him his "Gangnam" moves. It is truly priceless to see him do that dance. Roland cooked burgers on the grill in the middle of a snow storm just for me too. That's devotion.
Saturday we headed to SYR to do the ropes course, golf and eat fondue. The perfect night in my mind.
We were so stuffed that I think I fell asleep a little on the way home.
My birthday ROCKED this year, thank you to everyone who helped make it super duper special.

No comments: