Thursday, August 16, 2012

Surprise Smash


Ten years ago we were pretty tame with each other in the cake smashing cutting portion of the festivities. I was much kinder to Roland than he was to me, but who is keeping track right? This time around I was out for blood. I somehow forgot that he is 1. tall and strong and I am 2. short and not always so quick. I gave it the old college try, but I think once again he got me much worse. Here is the amazing play by play thanks to Jen Voss our wonderful anniversary photographer. 
 Anticipation as we cut the cake...
 Who is going to make the first move?
 Let's at least taste it before we smash it in each others faces.
 Yummo, great work Sandi, the cake tastes delicious.
 Now let's get this party started.
 "Jen, be nice now!"
 "No way, no how I'm going to cover you in cake!"
 "Damn Ro you are quick and strong, I can't even breathe with all this cake up my nose."
 "I can't breathe, but I'm not letting you get away unscathed."
 Up the nose and covering the face.
 Caked into the ear.
 Not done with me quite yet, always has to have the last word or in this case, the last smash of cake.
Notice: Leah is traumatized in the background.
 The audience is pleased though. We put on a great show.
 I had so much frosting lodged in my nostril that I was coughing and I couldn't stop.
A HUGE Thank you to our friends for surprising us with this truly memorable evening. You remembered every single thing and we had so much fun. We will definitely always remember this anniversary. For our 20th we are going to a tropical island to lay in the sun!
Thank you also to everyone to sent cards, gifts and for the kids sleepover gift to us. We appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness very much!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

How fun! The pictures captured it perfectly! I hope the kids weren't taking notes or it could get ugly at their next birthday parties!

The North Country Sweets said...

Yep, you plugged his ear good! Jen V. can you photograph my kids? I think I'll just drop them by your house one day, LOL!

Don't let us know what island, we may end up there too! LOL

Aunt Beck said...

You guys are the best. Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. Here's to many, many more wonderful years together!!!