Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I think we enjoy Thanksgiving the most because we get to host it and we love to have parties and people over at the house hanging out! We started the day by watching the parade in our jammies, just chilling out on the couch. Before we knew it, Tom the Turkey need to be basted, seasoned and thrown in the oven!
Leah wanted in on this action of course, she LOVES to help in the kitchen.

I am in the mind frame for the holidays to go big or go home so here is course #1....appetizers!

We are so happy that Justin was with us this year!

We are even more excited that at 83 and 85 my grandparents could join us.

We also love that my in-laws join us yearly too!

Leah took right to Uncle J.

The main course in all its glory. Thank you to everyone for helping us pull this beautiful meal together.

We reconfigured the dining room to fit all 15 people.

My wonderful (hoarder) son created a man cave in his closet and Roland pulled out the original Nintendo for him. He is addicted to it and asked just about every guest to come see his fort and play Mario with him.

Last, but not least, course #3...dessert!

My grandma even brought the kids a candy bouquet which they loved of course.

Nummies as Leah would say.


Happy Happy Thanksgiving far and wide!

3 comments:

KristenC said...

YUMMMY!! I have a feeling everyone when home with their bellies full of yummy food! We are so lucky for great family and friends!

The North Country Sweets said...

Holy MOLY that i a LOT of food! I love how you designed the dining room, worked perfectly! The turkey was tremendous too! Wow, you really throw some great parties with yummy food...

Laurie said...

Your mother looks fantastic for 83! LOL...I couldn't resist. But seriously, you are so fortunate to have your grandparents with you...I'd give anything for just one more day with mine. Happy belated Thanksgiving...looks like it was a fun-filled day!